- Homework must be done regularly and neatly.
- No interruption during class time is allowed.
- Textbooks and other books are the property of the school and should be handled with care.
- Learners must work hard to achieve his/her full potential.
- Learners must treat teachers and co-learners with respect.
- Learners must submit to the rules and regulations of the school.
- Learners must walk quietly and in neat rows from one class to the next.
- Learners must behave themselves during assembly and walk neatly and quietly in rows to and from the hall.
1.2 SPORT AND CULTURAL ACTIVITIES:
- Learners must submit to the code of ethics of specific activities.
- Learners must wear the correct uniforms for the respective activities.
- Learners must respect teachers, trainers, coaches, co-learners and participants alike.
- Learners must arrive on time for games and activities and must help clean up the sites and areas.
- A learner who is chosen for a specific activity to represent his/her school will not be allowed to withdraw without a valid excuse.
1.3 USE OF LANGUAGE:
- The moral and ethical values of a learner should be beyond reproach.
- No rude or crude language is acceptable.
- No remarks or opinions to attack a person in his identity is acceptable.
- Learners must wear the appropriate school uniform.
- Uniform must always be neat.
- When pupils are allowed to wear “civvies” such dress will be in accordance with the general rules of the school.
- The property of the school and other learners must be handled correctly and with respect.
- Vandalism is unacceptable.
1.6 HUMAN RIGHTS:
- The human rights of other learners and teachers must be taken into account.
- False accusations, intimidation, bullying and victimization will be regarded as a very serious matter.
- Writing of vulgar letters and showing of vulgar signs will not be tolerated.
- Learners will treat each other with dignity and respect.
1.7 PHYSICAL ASSAULT:
- Physical assault will be reported and handed over to the SAPS immediately.
- Learners must arrive at school on time.
- Absenteeism will not be tolerated without a Doctor’s certificate or a valid written letter from the parent.
- Learners are not allowed to leave the school grounds without the necessary permission or consent from the principal.
1.9 GENERAL APPEARANCE:
- Learners must wear their hair according to the rules already laid down.
- Only girls are allowed to wear a signet ring.
- Boys are not allowed to wear signet rings, arm bands, necklaces or any other jewellery.
- No make-up is allowed.
- Learners must be neat and presentable at all times.
1.10 MEDICATION, DRUGS, ALCOHOL:
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed on school property.
- The principal/teachers must be informed of any medication that a learner has to use.
1.11 TOYS / CELLPHONES:
- No toys are allowed at school.
- No cellphones allowed.
- Learners are not allowed to sell anything at school, unless there is an organized market day at school.
1.13 SCHOOL GROUNDS:
- Rubbish must be thrown into dustbins provided.
- Learners must play in allocated areas during breaks.
- Learners must submit to the rules of the playground.
- No bicycles are allowed on the playground.
- Pupils are not allowed to play in the car park and bicycle shed.
- Pupils may not enter store rooms or the hall without permission.
- Throwing of stones, branches, acorns, etc. is not allowed.
- Learners must submit to the authority of the leaders.
- Learners must respect the leaders.
- Leaders must submit to the rules and regulations of the school and must be an example to all learners.
1.15 OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL:
- Learners must be an ambassador of their school and set an example.
- Learners must undertake to live a life of good morals and values.
- From time to time general rules will be made with learners.
- Learners must submit to these rules.
- Learners must act in a responsible and ethical way so that they portray a positive image of their school.
- All learners must obey all school rules. No exceptions will be made.